Wild Dogs Under My Skirt
Samoan New Zealander Tusiata Avia’s poetry becomes a fearless and enchanting piece of theatre under the direction of Anapela Polataivao and a cast of six powerful Pasefika actresses.
Breathing provocative new life into Avia’s examination and celebration of what it is to be a Samoan woman, Polataivao’s direction adds “extra levels of nuance, power and dramatic sophistication” which earned her Best Director in the 2016 Auckland Theatre Awards.
Through her vivid, compelling and at times hilarious characters, Avia paints a deeply personal view of Pacific Island life and its sometimes uneasy collisions with the Kiwi way. Heart-stopping and unmissable theatre.
Co-produced by the New Zealand Festival and FCC
- Wednesday 7 March, 7.00pm
- Thursday 8 March, 7.00pm
- Friday 9 March, 7.00pm
- Saturday 10 March, 1.30pm - followed by a post-show artist talk. This performance will be NZ Sign Language interpreted.
- Saturday 10 March, 7.00pm
- Sunday 11 March, 7.00pm
Prices*: Adult A Reserve $49.00 - Early bird $45.00; Adult B Reserve $39.00. *Service fees apply, see below
Performance length: approx. 1 hour and 15 mins (with no interval). Latecomers will be seated when appropriate. Tickets are for allocated seating.
Tickets for NZSL interpreted performances (10 March), and wheelchair and companion seats should be booked through the New Zealand Festival on (04) 912 0411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking fees: Ticketmaster booking fees apply to all ticket purchases, including door sales.
- Internet bookings = $5.00 per transaction
- Phone, email and postal bookings = $11.00 per transaction
- In person (including door sales) = $2.00 per ticket
- Courier mail = $5.50 per transaction
- A payment processing fee of no more than 2.3% applies to purchases by credit card, debit card or gift card.